Is that an awful pun? Most likely.
If you didn’t hear what Aaron Forsythe had to say, check it out here.
Here’s the gist of what we know (Which Aaron will spill more on Monday I’m sure):
- Modern Mastery is a stand alone set with 229 cards (same as M13 without basic lands).
- The set is not Standard legal, and the cards are only legal in the formats they would be legal in (Modern/Legacy/Vintage/Commander). All of the cards are reprints (no new cards), and will only be select reprints from 8th Edition to Alara Reborn.
- It has the same rarity breakdown of M13 as well:
- 15 Mythics
- 53 Rares
- 60 Uncommons
- 101 Commons
- $6.99 MSRP, 24 boosters per a box. If you notice, the 24 boosters are great for an 8-man draft which this set was designed for.
- Oh, and there’s no Basic Land. That spot in the back is being occupied by a foil card. Yes, a foil card in every pack. Plus, paper tokens that had never been seen as tokens before.
- And we know what card already: Mythic Rare – Tarmogoyf. Seriously.
So, what does all of this mean? There’s a lot of things going on here. Let’s break it down. Continue reading